CARPOOLING USING LIFTANGO
Starting September 7th, the university community will have the ability to create carpools with fellow UBC staff, students and faculty to get to and from campus thanks to a partnership with Liftango and TransLink. To incentivize the use of this app and carpooling to campus, there will be a limited number of parking spaces across campus reserved for Liftango carpoolers.
- Download the Liftango app on your phone and register using your ubc affiliated e-mail address. This will get you registered in UBC’s network so you will be matched only with others who work or study at UBC.
- Add in your personal information as a driver, rider, or both.
- Set up your trip details (origin, destination, and any specific arrival departure times) and preference to drive, ride, or either.
- In your trip scheduling screen you have the option to select additional options such as recurring trips (for the next 5 days) or return journey (schedule both to and from journeys in one process).
- Once this is complete, press confirm and the app will search for matches.
- When a carpool match is made, the driver will be granted access to a space in the Liftango Carpool reserved parking location they chose when they created their trip. However, drivers can also park in any available space that the drivers permit allows. The reserved Liftango spaces on campus will be marked with a sign.
Standard proof of payment is required. Paid parking permits for the other parkades will also be accepted in these spaces.
Liftango parking spaces are reserved for carpoolers arriving between 6am and 10:30am. Standard parking rules and rates will apply to vehicles arriving outside of these hours.
The BC Centre for Disease Control has some helpful tips on how to reduce the spread of COVID-19 while travelling with people outside your household.