Reserved Carpool Lot at UBC
Starting September 7th, the Armouries Lot will be reserved for vehicles arriving to campus with three or more people in the car. Due to a higher than average number of drivers to campus, we are anticipating that many commuters will have trouble locating available parking. By carpooling to the Armouries Lot, you'll have an easier time locating available parking on campus.
- The Armouries Lot will be opened at 7:30am on weekdays.
- Parking Staff will be at the lot entrance from 7:30am to 10:30am, or until the lot reaches capacity, and will only allow vehicles with 3+ people in the car to enter and park in the parking lot.
- Standard proof of payment is required. Carpool vehicles with paid parking permits for other parkades will be accepted in the Armouries Lot as long as they enter the lot between 7:30am and 10:30am.
- After 10:30am the lot will return to its normal operation and standard parking rules and rates will apply to vehicles arriving after this time.
- The gate to the lot will be locked nightly at 10pm to ensure the lot is empty each weekday morning. No overnight parking will be permitted.
The Armouries Lot is located west of the Music Building and accessed from Crescent Road, University Endowment Lands, V6T 1Z4
CARPOOLING USING LIFTANGO
Starting September 7th, the university community will have the ability to create carpools with fellow UBC staff, students and faculty to get to and from campus thanks to a partnership with Liftango and TransLink. To incentivize the use of this app and carpooling to campus, there will be a limited number of parking spaces across campus reserved for Liftango carpoolers.
- Download the Liftango app on your phone and register using your ubc affiliated e-mail address. This will get you registered in UBC’s network so you will be matched only with others who work or study at UBC.
- Add in your personal information as a driver, rider, or both.
- Set up your trip details (origin, destination, and any specific arrival departure times) and preference to drive, ride, or either.
- In your trip scheduling screen you have the option to select additional options such as recurring trips (for the next 5 days) or return journey (schedule both to and from journeys in one process).
- Once this is complete, press confirm and the app will search for matches.
- When a carpool match is made, the driver will be granted access to a space in the Liftango Carpool reserved parking location they chose when they created their trip. However, drivers can also park in any available space that the drivers permit allows. The reserved Liftango spaces on campus will be marked with a sign.
Standard proof of payment is required. Paid parking permits for the other parkades will also be accepted in these spaces.
Liftango parking spaces are reserved for carpoolers arriving between 6am and 10:30am. Standard parking rules and rates will apply to vehicles arriving outside of these hours.
The BC Centre for Disease Control has some helpful tips on how to reduce the spread of COVID-19 while travelling with people outside your household.